Some Ukrainian traditions and customs.
- If you are invited into the house, traditionally need to bring a small
gift, such as a bottle of wine or brandy, cake, a box of chocolates or
a bouquet of flowers.
- When you are giving a bouquet of flowers, make sure that the number of
flowers in a bouquet is an odd number (even number of flowers means bad
luck and is used at funerals).
- Do not shake hands across the threshold of the door. It is also a bad sign.
- Be prepared to take off his shoes, came into the house.
- Remember that public transport sites to give old people, mothers with children and the disabled.
- Help yourself snacks and cigarettes, people who are with you in the company.
- Do not whistle indoors, otherwise the "whistler" all the money
- Unlike people of most western countries Ukrainians tend to express
their emotions freely. No matter whether they are positive or negative.
Don't be confused when you see that.
- People in
the streets don't usually smile too much, but very soon you will
realize that an ability to form warm informal relationships is the main
feature of the Ukrainian national character.
|Category: about Ukraine | Added by: Guide (04.02.2010)
| Rating: 0.0/0|